Fika Heaven: Insanely Good Chocolate Cupcakes
This month our guest pastry chef is Sandra Esvoli of Cafe Koya in Stockholm. Cafe Koya opened just a few months ago but has already found many dedicated fans for their exquisite Japanese desserts and focus on quality teas and coffees.
Sandra has created a special cupcake recipe to match with Muttley & Jack's AAA Insani coffee from Tanzania.
120g dark chocolate
30g cocoa powder
200g of brewed coffee (AAA Insani)
2 dl (120g) plain flour
1.5 dl (135g) regular sugar
1 dl (90g) brown sugar
0.5 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon vanilla sugar
2 g finely ground coffee
1 dl (100ml) rapeseed oil
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
For the glaze:
100g milk chocolate
100g whipped cream
1. Heat oven to 170 C / 340 F / Gas 3
2. Melt dark chocolate into the hot coffee and add the cocoa powder. Put aside.
3. Mix oil and egg, add all the dry ingredients and then pour in coffee mixture a little at a time, and then add vinegar.
4. Bake at 170 celsius for 15 minutes.
5. Glaze: Melt the chocolate in warm whipped cream, mix well until its all creamy, pour on top of the cupcakes and decorate with nuts of your choice.
Let them cool on a rack and then enjoy with your Tanzanian Single Origin!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published