225 grams of butter, room temperature
2.5 dl (250 grams) of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla powder
5 dl of flour (300 grams)
4 teaspoons of baking powder
2.25 dl (225ml) of milk
2 Earl Grey teabags / 2 tablespoons looseleaf
2 tablespoons of poppyseeds.
1. Set the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat up the milk until hot (not boiling), and add the teabags or the tea and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes (if using loose tea, remove the leaves with a strainer once infused).
3.Butter a pan and dust with some flour.
4. Use a whisk to mix the sugar and the butter until creamy.
5. Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
6. Mix the flour, vanilla powder and baking powder in a separate bowl. Then add half the flourmix and half the milk and mix, before adding the rest.
7. Finally, mix in the poppyseeds.
8. Cook in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the cake is cooked throughout (insert a skewer and if it comes out clean the cake is ready!).
9.Dust with icing sugar once the cake has cooled.
Enjoy with cup of Muttley & Jack's Single Origin Magarrisa Lot #3 from Ethiopia!